Today we touch on a more sensitive subject. A lot of times we are in denial about our money because we don’t trust ourselves with it. Here are 5 practical things you can do when you don’t trust yourself so that you can change that story and watch yourself become a good steward of money.
Support the Show: Subscribe, Rate, & Review Here in iTunes
In this 41 minute episode we discuss:
- Embracing the truth
- The revelation of being flawed
- Realizing that being good with money is not something that comes natural
- How giving yourself some grace eliminates guilt and condemnation
- How to stop relying solely on willpower and avoid falling victim to the ego
- My previous time being in the bar industry’s nightlife, why I left that, and how staying out of the wrong environment is the best way to avoid self-sabotage
- Getting clear about what you truly want and giving your savings a direct assignment
- How much my wife loves Target
- The cause of buyer’s remorse and how to avoid it
- Being honest with yourself and setting up a realistic spending plan
- The problem with budgeting
- Why celebrating and allowing yourself to have some fun with money is necessary
- Why everyone loves our house even though we don’t have much in it
- How to spend your money before you spend your money
- YNAB (You Need A Budget), the budgeting software we use
- The serious spending problems my wife and I had upon entering marriage
- How to avoid anxiety around money and turn it into one of your favorite things to talk about
- Setting up an accountability system, partner or even hiring a bookkeeper
- Why we all need personal trainers and why those who have them are successful
- Dave Ramsey, how his cash envelope system worked for us and why everybody should use it for at least a year
- plus much, much more!
Take notes… Listen to it again and again!
“I AM” husband, father of 4, freedom fighter, firefighter & host of The Get Your Money Right Podcast!