The home buying process is often glorified on TV. They make it look easy and while, obviously, not impossible there are a lot of thing I wish I would known or been aware of prior to buying our home. Don’t get me wrong… I would have bought a home anyway but maybe these lessons will help you (or someone you know) be better prepared and have a smoother home buying experience.
In this 40 minute episode:
- Things I wish I would have known before buying my first home.
- It won’t be like House Hunters [3:30]
- Private Mortgage Insurance is sneaky and is not for you [8:34]
- The down payment ain’t enough [12:18]
- A fixed rate mortgage does not equal fixed expenses [17:54]
- Owning is not always better than renting and here’s why [23:47]
- Forget price per square foot and how much you were approved for [29:10]
- Your home is not an asset [34:24]
Links mentioned during the show:
- Show Notes: https://yourmoneyright.com/72
- Men Lie, Woman Lie, Numbers do too!